Travel has changed. There are measures we must follow to keep everyone safe. These guidelines will help us take care of you as well as others during your journey with us. Please review them in detail and let us know if you have further questions.
Table of Contents 1. Before you travel 2. Domestic & International Flights 3. Other important details 4. Quick summary list of needed documents
Before you travel
- Consult your doctor to get official advice on whether to travel or not.
Staying up-to-date with Covid in Peru:
We try to update the Covid-19 restrictions every time the government changes anything that might influence our trips. You can find our latest update here.
Entry Requirements in Peru:
- Present a negative Molecular Test (RT-PCR, NAAT, LAMP) certificate issued no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight.
- Fill in this Official Affidavit within 72 hours before flying. You must show the generated QR code before boarding your flight and upon arriving in Peru. It can be presented in digital or printed format. Boarding will be denied at the origin airport for those who do not meet this requirement.
- Children younger than 12 years of age without a PCR test must present a Good Health Certificate.
- Since May 15th it is no longer necessary to quarantine or take an antigen test upon arrival to Peru.
Facemasks and face shields:
- Surgical masks or N95 certified masks are required for international flights. We recommend them for your trip too. They must not have breathing valves.
- In addition to masks, face shields will be required at airports in Peru and for domestic flights.
Domestic & International Flights
Domestic Flights in Peru:
- Please try to check in online before heading to the Airport.
- Please try to arrive at the airport between 2 hrs to 3 hrs before your flight.
- Print out and fill in this form if you are over 65, or otherwise, this one here. Take it with you to the airport for every flight.
International Flights Departing Peru:
We have already mentioned the requirements to enter Peru above, so this will only be about international departures
- Please try to arrive at the airport between 3 hrs to 4 hrs before your flight.
- Departure is only allowed if you do not present any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Meet the entry requirements of the destination or connection country.
- If you do not meet these requirements you may not be allowed to board your flight.
- Regardless of the airline you use, this LATAM site can be useful.
- Here are some recommendations of certified labs for Covid-19 tests in Peru:
Airport Transfers – Arrival protocol:
- Upon exiting the arrival gate, you now need to follow the signs and exit the main airport building. Our personnel will be waiting for you in the parking lot with a sign with your name.
- We will always provide you with the contact number of the person who will pick you up, and an extra emergency number as well.
- When possible, please download the WhatsApp app. It will allow you to communicate with us efficiently and make your arrival fast and easy.
Airport Transfers – Departure protocol:
- We are only allowed to drop you off in the airport driver-through area.
- We cannot enter the airport to assist you with luggage and check-in.
- Show your ID and boarding pass or reservation to enter the airport.
Carts are allowed for people who require special assistance only.
Other important details
What to expect when visiting Machu Picchu
When visiting Machu Picchu, one must fill in Affidavit’s for the trains and for entering the actual site. You can find the links to these Affidavits and more information on Machu Picchu in this short document here.
What to expect at hotels
- Personnel will take your temperature, and provide hand sanitizer.
- You will find floor signs to follow and maintain the social distance.
- Your luggage will be disinfected before taking it to your room.
- Each hotel will provide the capacity of common areas and schedule.
- Each hotel might add other protocols according to internal policies
What to expect at restaurants
- You must bring your facemask but can take it off at the table.
- You can share a table within a group of a maximum of 6 people.
- If possible pay by credit card to avoid handling cash
What to expect from Peruvian Soul during tours
- We’ll help you to explore Peru in a unique and also safe way.
- Our guides and drivers will use facemasks and keep social distance.
- Your guide will carry a small Aid Kit, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants.
- Our staff will be checked for Covid-19 symptoms daily.
- If we must hand you printed documents, we’ll use disinfected bags.
- Your guide will manage your paper tickets during your tour.
- We will measure your temperature daily before your tours.
- Groups of 8+ we will be split to avoid large group exposures.
- We will assist you, to manage correctly any COVID-19 cases.
- Peruvian Soul will help where possible, however, charges for new services are passed to the traveler
How to manage possible and confirmed covid cases?
The key is isolation and fast testing. We will assist you all along the process. The following is our protocol in case of possible and confirmed Covid cases.
Quick summary list of needed documents
- Please note that we expect you to have read through this document in detail.
- Please also consider that this is the information we have collected from various official sites and local providers, however, rules are constantly changing in Covid-19 times and some listed notifications may vary.
- Please note that we are trying to be as precise as possible with the requested documentation. We do know of cases where certain affidavits have not been requests or handed on site, but we recommend being cautious and sticking to the protocols.
Here is a quick list of the links in the document above:
- Entering Peru: Official Affidavit
- Covid-19 testing labs: Unilabs, IntegraMedica
- Domestic flights in Peru: form if you are over 65, this one here
- International flights departing Peru: LATAM site with helpful information
- About visiting Machu Picchu
- PeruRail Affidavits: Over 65’s, Under 14, all the rest
- IncaRail Affidavit: All travelers
- Machu Picchu Affidavit
- Protocol in case of possible and confirmed Covid cases
- Staying up-to-date with Covid in Peru