This page has been elaborated based on protocols established by the Health Ministry to protect our travelers and partners.
Factors to consider when in suspicion of a Covid case
- Breath shortness or respiratory infection.
- Temperature of 38 °C or higher.
- Muscle soreness
- Loss of smell and taste
- If the person has recently interacted with confirmed COVID-19 cases?
How to manage possible and confirmed Covid cases?
Your guides will ask you about Covid-19 symptoms daily before departure. If it were the case that a traveler is experiencing symptoms, we will follow these steps:
- The key is isolation. You must stay in your hotel room.
- You will not be allowed to participate in the day’s activity. Together with the hotel staff, we will help you coordinate for an antigen Covid-19. The costs will be borne by the traveler.
- Depending on the destination you are in, if it is necessary, we will help you coordinate an evacuation to a town or city where you can do these tests.
- If the antigen test is negative, you can resume your travel activities.
- If it is positive, we can help you coordinate a PCR Test to reconfirm the result. If this is positive too, we must inform the health authorities who will begin tracing contacts. We will then help you coordinate isolated accommodation for the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- If the antigen test of the suspicious case was positive, the rest of the group that has been in direct contact with the traveler must isolate too until they can confirm with a test if they have Covid-19 too.
- Depending on the available lab, Antigen tests take 15 minutes to 3 hours. PCR tests take 12 to 48 hours.
Important: Peruvian Soul will try to help the traveler as much as possible, however, any extra charges related to the evacuation, isolation, and testing of a Covid-19 case will be borne by the traveler.